Guide on how to add mods to ARK Server
- Launch the Steam client and select ARK: Survival Evolved from your game library.
- Click the Workshop button at the top of the game page in the Steam UI.
- Choose the mods you want to use in your game and subscribe to them. Once subscribed, Steam will start downloading the content of the mod.
- Launch ARK on Steam and select “Host/Local” as you would when launching a single-player game. After launching ARK, you will see messages in the lower right corner indicating the progress of installing mods.
- Wait for the full installation of each of the signed mods. This may take some time. When the installation is complete, the mods will show up on the bottom right side of the screen.
- Open Steam and right-click on ARK: Survival Evolved.
- Select the “manage” option, then “browse local files”. This will open the game files in a new window.
- Go to ShooterGame/Content/Mods. There you will see folders with mods.
- Write down or copy the numbers used as folder names. These are mod identifiers (IDs), they are needed to activate them.
- Log in to the game panel.
- Go to the “Startup” section and in the “Adding a mod (by ID)” field, enter all the IDs of the mods you want to start, separated by commas and without spaces.
- Restart the server and start playing.
After installing the mod, the server does not start.
You need to check if there is enough space on the Server Disk. Each mod takes up disk space. If the number of used resources exceeds the resources allocated in the plan, the server will not start. In this case, switch to a more expensive plan with better resources or buy a Disk in addition.
I don’t understand how to remove the mod.
To uninstall a mod, you need to follow 2 steps:
- in the game panel, go to the “Startup” section, and in the “Adding a mod (by ID)” field, delete the ID of the selected mod.
- in the game panel, go to the “Files” section, then go to the location of the “/ShooterGame/Content/Mods” folder and delete the folder and the .mod file, the name of which is the same as the name of the mod to be deleted.
Another error occurred while downloading or installing the mod
Please contact our customer support.