Most Source code games use the RCON protocol, which allows server administrators to remotely execute commands on the server.
To set an RCON password on a Counter-Strike: Global Offensive server, you need to do as follows:
- Log in to your game panel.
- In the server list, click on your server.
- In the header/menu click on “File”.
- Go to the /csgo/cfg directory.
- Open or create a “server.cfg” file. This file will be automatically run by the server every time the game starts.
- Add a line like the following (or edit if it already exists) making the necessary substitutions. It is important to use a secure password here, as anyone with this password will be able to execute commands on your game server.
- If you want to completely disable RCON, set the value of rcon_password to an empty string.